Following is a list of significant corporate and individual gifts/grants from November 2011.
- Butler’s Community Arts School received $78,000 from the Christel DeHaan Family Foundation for programming for BCAS.
- Kroger expanded their partnership with the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences this year by sponsoring the White Coat Ceremony and Reception. Kroger has been a Professional Partner of the college at the $10,000 level since 2003 and this year expanded their partnership by $5,000. More than 1,200 students, family members, faculty/staff and friends attended this year’s ceremony. During the ceremony 47 physician assistant students and 134 pharmacist students received their first white coat. After the ceremony Kroger sponsored the reception honoring the recognized students in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences building.
- Target has agreed to participate as a College of Pharmacy and Health Science Partner for another year at the $10,000 level. They have been a dedicated partner since 2010.
- Zotec Partner’s has agreed to a three-year commitment of $50,000 per year to be a College of Business REAL Partner.
- The employees of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and the PwC Foundation completed their annual campaign with gifts totaling $54,031. Over $16,000 was designated to the COB REAL Partners – Real Life, Real Business Fund , and over $37,000 to a number of student scholarships.
- Lumina Foundation for Education contributed to the Butler Innovation Fund with at $10,000 gift.
- Old National Bank along with WellPoint, Inc., have committed to another year of supporting Butler University’s Distinguished Diversity Lecture Series at the $10,000 level.
- Dr. Wonyung H. Oh and Dr. Jang Oh created the Wonyung Hyun Oh Student Research Fund to help history and anthropology students in any aspect of their research, such as: procuring archival materials; travel to libraries and archives; and acquiring microfilm or digital images of collections.
- Ms. Nancy Lawton gave a generous gift to help cover some of the plane travel expenses for the Men’s Basketball team.