Healthy Horizons, Butler’s employee wellness program operated by the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (COPHS), received a 5-Star Wellness Certification Award this fall from the Wellness Council of Indiana.
“This award recognizes excellence in the field of health promotion and demonstrates the highest level of successful worksite wellness programs,” said COPHS Dean Mary Andritz. “This award is well deserved, and we remain proud in the success of Healthy Horizons Director Carrie Maffeo, her staff, and student workers.”
To earn 5-Star certification, programs must document the following:
- Completion of 60 months of continuous program activity
- Senior management support sign off
- Five years of operating plans
- An increase in the number of programs offered in years 3, 4, and 5,
- Four types of demonstrated community involvement in years 4 and 5
- A summary of ongoing evaluation efforts and trends in company health and wellness
- At least one member of the company will have completed a Wellness Council of Indiana approved Wellness Training Certification
- All members of the executive team and employees who are considered to have substantial influence on corporate culture are administered a behavioral assessment.