Facilities is proud to share information about its most recent accomplishments. To learn more about Facilities, visit http://www.butler.edu/facilities.
Student Housing Annual Restoration Effort (S.H.A.R.E.)
- New strategic initiative was developed in partnership with Residential Life, Conference Services, Academic Affairs, Internships and Career Services, and IT to improve summer cleaning and maintenance of residence halls.
- Streamlined processes and improved communications resulted in reduction of overtime by 1000 hours and a $20,000 budget savings.
- More information: http://www.butler.edu/facilities/projects
Facilities Condition Assessment
- Review of all building conditions on campus to prioritize and plan future maintenance projects.
- Goals include preventing emergency projects while maintaining functionality and appearance of campus.
Natural Gas Purchasing Agreement
- Agreement with EDF Energy will make Butler’s gas bills more predictable and stable, protecting against natural gas price volatility.
- Estimated $300,000 yearly savings on natural gas.
Climate Action Plan
- Collaborated with Center for Urban Ecology and Sustainability Council to develop a Climate Action Plan draft.
- Outlines how and when the University will achieve climate neutrality.
- Plan will be forwarded to Board of Trustees for their review and approve plan in December. Final approved plan to be submitted to ACUPCC in January.
- More information about Facilities and Sustainability
- Old natatorium was demolished to make way for a new and larger weight room, sports medicine space, academic center, and administrative office facilities.
- More space will open up when baseball, softball, tennis, golf, track, and cross country move permanently in 2014 to the renovated former daycare facility at 52nd Street and Westfield Boulevard.
- Butler was awarded a Save America’s Treasures grant by the National Park Service that allowed the brick facade to be stabilized and extensive improvements to the windows, which will be completed in October.
- More on the Hinkle Fieldhouse Renovations
- Long-term parking lot added with 400 spaces
- Expanded visitor parking for sports fields and canal path
- Permeable pavement surface prevents storm runoff
- Enhanced security features with the addition of cameras, emergency poles, card access gates, and dark sky compliant LED lighting
- Improved paving on roads and paths
- Improved water service
Other Notable Projects
- Holcomb Patio Soft Space
- Atherton 326 Conference Room Facelift
- Irwin Library Steps & Fountain Restoration
- Pharmacy Building Entrance & Lobby
- Resco Roof Replacement
- Campus-Wide Tree Trimming
- Jordan Hall Restrooms & Sewer
- Clowes Roof, Carpet & Tech Tower
- Information Technology Space Renovation
- Reilly Room Floor Refinishing
- Schwitzer & Irwin Bush Replacements
- Jordan Hall Critical Masonry Work
Submit a Request to Facilities
- On the Web: http://www.butler.edu/facilities/requests
- By Phone: (317) 940-9393