Electric scooters made an official return to the City of Indianapolis. In the interest of campus safety, BUPD would like to highlight the campus guidelines regarding electric scooters.
- Scooters are prohibited from use on campus sidewalks and are subject to traffic laws.
- Scooters must be parked in an upright position, utilizing existing campus bike rack infrastructure.
- Scooters are not to be abandoned or haphazardly left on campus, against buildings, or in grass/landscaped areas.
- Electric scooters are prohibited from being charged inside campus residence halls, academic buildings, or other campus facilities.
- Scooters are prohibited inside campus residence halls, academic buildings, or other campus facilities.
We encourage you to be familiar with Butler’s policies as well as Indianapolis’ ordinances. You can see both in Butler’s Electric Scooter Policy.