Fall Semester 2019 begins in less than a month and billing is already underway. If you are an employee or qualified participant who is eligible for Tuition Remission for yourself, spouse or dependents, please be advised of the following:
- You can review the Tuition Remission Policy and download the Tuition Remission Authorization form as a fillable pdf from the Benefits – Tuition Remission website.
- The completed Tuition Remission Authorization (TRA) form is due by the first day of the academic term in order to avoid interest charges.
- Each term, the TRA form must be accompanied by the student’s class schedule for the term and a $25 non-refundable fee.
- Annually, usually for Fall term, you will be asked to provide dependent eligibility documentation, including your most recent Federal Tax return, in order to verify that the spouse or dependent student remains eligible as a financial dependent of the employee.
- TRA forms for study abroad require approval from the Center for Global Education and the percentage of tuition remission which will be covered for the students time abroad.
- Obtain your supervisor’s approval on the form prior to bringing it to Human Resources (JH 052) for authorization.
- HR will review the employee’s eligibility and the student’s eligibility for participation in the Tuition Remission benefit.
Questions? Please contact askHR@butler.edu.