Campus Map/Virtual Tour
Designated Smoking Areas
Smoking is not allowed in classrooms, laboratories, private offices, residence halls, University apartments, and most common areas, except in those locations designated as smoking areas. Designated smoking areas are:
- Hinkle Fieldhouse: Outside of Gate #4 on the east side of the building and away from the door.
- Clowes Memorial Hall: West side of the building on the patio between Clowes and Lilly Halls.
- Robertson Hall: Rear of building on north end (Johnson Room) away from the patio and back doors.
- Gallahue Hall: Rear of building on sidewalk south of the greenhouse.
- Atherton: Rear of building near loading dock away from door.
- Irwin Library: Southwest of building near mall.
- ResCo Hall: Same as location for Irwin Library.
- Schwitzer Hall: Rear of northeast wing near parking lot.
- Ross Hall: West side of building.
- University Terrace Apartments: South end of building.
- Facilities Management: West end of Facilities Management Building.
- Apartment Village: South end of complex near parking lot.
View a map of the designated smoking areas on campus.
All Butler University students, faculty and staff are required to register their vehicles to park on campus and adjacent city streets. There is a registered covenant between Butler University and the Butler-Tarkington Neighborhood Association, in compliance with Indiana code, that requires University parking services to enforce neighborhood parking regulations.
Temporary parking permits can be issued at any time by visiting the Butler University Police Department on campus, or the 24-hour dispatch center located in the same building at 525 W. Hampton Drive.
Not sure where to park? Check out the 2016-2017 Parking Allocation Map.
Physical Access on Campus
For information on curb cut locations, accessible entrances and restrooms, elevators and more, please view the maps available on the Student Disability Services webpage.