Dear Staff Colleagues,
We are now in the middle of the 2018-2019 performance evaluation cycle for staff. Please take the time to discuss your goals with your supervisor and enter them into the GPS system under the 2018-2019 goal plan. As a reminder, below are the timelines for employees who work 9 or 10 months and 12 months.
Staff members who have 9 or 10 month contracts or whose supervisors have 9 or 10 month contracts:
- Goals should be finalized by March 31, 2019
- Performance Evaluation forms will be launched Monday April 1, 2019 and they will have until August 31, 2019 to complete the process.
- For this group, College leadership can define the due dates for the different steps in the evaluation process as long as the entire process is completed by August 31, 2019.
- If the staff member has a 12 month contract but the supervisor has a 9 or 10 month contract, they will follow the above timeline.
Staff members and their supervisors who work 12 months:
- Enter and make sure goals are finalized by May 31, 2019
- Performance Evaluation forms will be launched Monday, June 3, 2019
- Self-Assessment 6/4/19 to 6/23/19
- Manager’s Evaluation of Performance 6/24/19 to 7/16/19
- The 1:1 Meeting 7/17/19 to 8/12/19
- Employee Acknowledgement 8/13/19 to 8/19/19
- Manager Acknowledgement 8/20/19 to 8/25/19
- Human Resources Review 8/26/19 to 8/31/19
If you are a supervisor, you can use the goal cascading feature to share goals with your team members. Please contact your HR Consultant for additional information.
There are a few changes on the GPS Goals page including multiple strategic goals. Please note that these may or may not be applicable to you as some positions have primarily operational and developmental goals. Simply select the goal category that is most relevant to you. Please remember to enter the goal weight based on the priority of each goal, which your supervisor can help you with.
Training materials on GPS are available on the Human Resources website at https://www.butler.edu/hr/performance-management/gps.
In addition, please feel free to reach out to Anila Din in HR at firstname.lastname@example.org with any GPS questions that you may have.